Blogger's Intent

[Posted after I actually started getting hits]

Wow. People are actually reading this blog - beyond the small group of people that I revealed its existence to. Of course, this also means that people may misunderstand some of what I say or do here. To this end, I present the following:

1. The blog began in order to get the blogger discount at tortfeasor.com, home of t-shirts that say "tortfeasor." I decided to continue blogging after it turned out to be a great way to get my brain-juices flowing. I am now mildly addicted.

2. The opinions reflected in this site are not those of the UW Law School. Often, they aren't even my own. I have a long history of deliberately (and often humorously) arguing for positions that offend people. Why? To paraphrase Nietzsche: in every age, people declare certain things too serious to laugh at, or too sacred to dispute; these are precisely the things that must be shot at with arrows of laughter. In other words, societal sacred cows make great hamburgers. Take what I say with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila.

3. I blog under a pseudonym to create a rebuttable presumption of anonymity. If you know me in real life, it will be obvious who I am.

4. I am not an alcoholic – The title “Law & Alcoholism” is meant to parody all the “Law & Whatever” movements. In other words, Alcoholism as an “-ism” ideology.

5. I write primarily for my personal amusement. If y'all are entertained, that makes me happy. Feel free to leave comments.